Wednesday 21 November 2012

THOSE WHO DANCE IN THEIR SLEEP

To get better as a photographer I decided to start taking self-portraits at the beginning of this year. As I didn't have the sort of lifestyle where I could keep up with one each day or each week, I decided to keep it simple: I would shoot one each month. I started off hesitant, got hooked during the middle and shot way more than my goal, and finaly lost focus the second half of the year.

I guess the main point is that I rather take pictures of others than take pictures of myself. However my self-portaits have been very useful in getting to know my camera better and evolving as a photographer. And the fact remains that sometimes the only available model is me.

Picture taken with my Nikon D700 & Nikkor 24mm 2.8 D

No comments:

Post a Comment